Sunday, November 3, 2013
CHARMING OMBRES MATELASSÉES DE CHANEL EYESHADOW PALETTE - REVIEW AND SWATCHES
The highly anticipated CHANEL OMBRES MATELASSÉES DE CHANEL CHARMING EYESHADOW PALETTE started hitting counters last Monday. I managed to purchase mine on Thursday of that same week. The palette is from the Chanel Holiday collection and was released in the second wave of products. It currently retails for $80.00 USD and contains .32 oz of product. Check out my links below to read more about the whole collection or some of the individual pieces.
Check out the entire holiday collection here: HOLIDAY 2013 COLLECTION NUIT INFINIE DE CHANEL
Check out my review of some of the individual products from the holiday collection here:
837 FATAL CHANEL ILLUSION D'OMBRE LONG WEAR LUMINOUS EYESHADOW
827 INITIATION CHANEL ILLUSION D'OMBRE LONG WEAR LUMINOUS EYESHADOW
84 ACCENT CHANEL JOUES CONTRASTE POWDER BLUSH
87 ÉMOTION CHANEL JOUES CONTRASTE POWDER BLUSH
The Chanel Charming palette is a nice mixture of finely milled eyeshadows with a variety of finishes. It can be worn alone or paired with the Chanel Illusion D'Ombre eyeshadows. While $80 is a hefty price to pay for this palette I definitely think this is the "Must Have" palette for the holidays. The diversity of the eyeshadow colors and finishes make this very versatile for all skin tones / complexions. There is something for all - from a work appropriate look to a dark and sultry smokey eye.
From right to left:
1. There is the dark smoke-y grey purple with a matte finish. The matte texture felt somewhat chalky but it did apply beautifully. I wore this color two different ways: alone and applied over Chanel Illusion D'Ombre 83 Illusoire. I posted swatch pics below for comparison. *(This eyeshadow is one of my favs from this palette).
The top swatch is just the eyeshadow, the middle swatch is both 83 Illusoire and the eyeshadow applied on top, and then the bottom swatch is 83 Illusoire by itself.
2. Next is the dark brown - the matte texture was soft and smooth. It applied easily and I didn't experience any fallout. This eyeshadow seemed to be the most versatile and complimentary to all skin tones. *(This is my second fav from the palette).
3. Next is the shimmery bronze gold - the shimmery eyeshadow almost seemed like a frost but I think it leans more as a shimmer. It contained miniscule flecks of sparkle but it was quite subtle and the majority of the sparkle seemed to blend in with the eyeshadow.
4. Next is a matte medium tan - the matte eyeshadow texture was extremely soft and I experienced no fallout with this shade. In the pan this seemed like it would lean more brown but it swatched with more of a peach undertone.
5. The last one is a warm vanilla beige - the warm satin finish applied nicely but I did experience significant fallout during application and in the palette as well. It is a nice eyeshadow to use as a brow bone highlight color but as a base color I wouldn't advise it due to the overly powdery texture. If worn as an all-over color, the eyeshadow can be applied over Chanel Illusion D'Ombre 90 Convoitise to counteract some of the powdery-ness. I posted swatch pics below for comparison.
The top swatch is just the eyeshadow, the middle swatch is both 90 Convoitise and the eyeshadow applied on top, and then the bottom swatch is 90 Convoitise by itself.
This limited-edition eyeshadow unveils a seductive shade spectrum for the season’s most striking eye looks. From soft beige to rich purple, matte and pearlized shadows create glamorous effects and offer endless opportunities for custom-blending. The emblematic quilted motif of Chanel embosses the silky shadows for an added touch of elegance. Part of the COLLECTION NUIT INFINIE DE CHANEL.
Top "MOST READ" Posts
Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Stick Face color is a sheer but build-able stick blush. There are four shades to choose from: Pink Glow, Pea...
The ultimate authority in blush, NARS offers the industry's most iconic shades for cheeks. Natural, healthy-looking color that immediat...
For my birthday I wanted to splurge on some Giorgio Armani cosmetics. It also helped that they were offering an extra 15% off any online ...
CHANEL Gorgeous shimmer and a high-shine glow is delivered effortlessly to lips with just one stroke of this best-selling lipgloss. ...
I love a good nude nail polish, especially one with hints of pink. CHANEL 167 BALLERINA is a semi-sheer milky pink nailpolish that is ext...
This next collection consists of eight new CHANEL LES 4 OMBRES eyeshadow quads inspired by the house’s famous tweed fabric. Along with t...
70 ROSE MAJEUR eyeshadow duo is part of the 2014 Chanel Spring Note De Printemps collection. The right eyeshadow shade is a soft pink wit...